“It has always been my dream to be able to teach children on a day to day basis the love of learning”.
-Director, Jaime Edelschick
Bright Beginnings is a brand new ,New York State licensed Preschool and Childcare Facility serving families in the Rockland area. All of the staff members here at Bright Beginnings have early childhood experience working with children, so they love what they do everyday.
All staff members are also :
- Health and Safety Trained by (OCFS -Office of Childcare and Family Services)
- Infant/Child CPR Certified by the American Red Cross
- First Aid Certified by (OCFS)
- MAT - Medication Administration Trained, which allows all staff members to administer medications for children with medical conditions such as allergies, asthma etc.
CENTER DIRECTOR & OWNER: Jaime Edelschick
“ It has always been my dream to be able to teach children on a day to day basis the love of learning”. I am a New York State Certified Teacher with a dual certification, in Childhood Education grades 1-6 and Literacy Birth -6. In addition, I am currently in the process of adding an extension onto my current certifications as a Gifted and Talented Teacher in New York State.
The Bright Beginnings Philosophy is that human development can be stimulated and encouraged, but not forced. Therefore, children should be allowed to experience their own stage of development and feel successful at learning without pressure. Play is a critical factor in all facets of children’s development. It is through play that children can acquire knowledge of their environment, and also have the opportunity to express and represent what he/she knows or imagines.
Here at Bright Beginnings our goals are to:
- Provide a safe and loving environment for pre-school age children.
- Foster a sense of self-confidence and well being in each child.
- Expose children to pre-reading, pre-math, science and art, music and movement activities.
- Provide physical activities to facilitate gross and fine motor development.
- To develop in children and parents a positive attitude towards self, others, school and learning.
- To develop a partnership between parents and school.